Active Southland is proud to be managing Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa on behalf of Sport NZ in our region.
About the fund:
Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa provides funding for programmes or projects delivering play, active recreation and sport experiences for tamariki (5-11 year olds) and rangatahi (12 -18 year olds) and young women up to the age of 24 years old. Please note that your application must be for a programme or project for up to 12 months (i.e. you cannot apply for costs past a 12-month delivery period).
Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa - brought to you by Active Southland.
We have supported over 85 local organisations and distributed $405,000 to get more tamariki and rangatahi active in Southland. The key philosophies of using insights, physical literacy and being locally led are supporting young people to be active in a way they want to be.
Applications open for 2023/2024 funding rounds.
We are receiving applications that take innovative approaches to engaging our priority groups in quality play, active recreation and sport experiences in ways that meet their needs.
Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa provides funding for programmes or projects delivering play, active recreation and sport experiences for tamariki (5-11 year olds) and rangatahi (12 -18 year olds) and young women up to the age of 24 years old.
This fund has a particular focus on groups who are less active, including girls and young women, disabled people and those living in higher deprivation communities.
Regards, the Active Southland Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa team.
Project fund – up to $20k applications
Round 1 closes 7th August 2023
Round 2 closes 17th October 2023
Round 3 closes 4th December 2023
Have a great idea and want to talk it over with someone at Active Southland?
- Applications open July, 2023 until June 30, 2024 -Applications will be considered bi-monthly - see round dates above -Applications may be discussed with the Tu Manawa Active Administrator before applying email@example.com - Applications will be assessed by a panel with community, youth and Active Southland representation.
What can be funded:
This is an activation fund and it is intended to help cover programme or service delivery costs
This includes costs of:
• Project or programme delivery (e.g. venue or equipment hire, transport to event)
• Equipment (as part of a project or programme)
• Officials, where these are required for the delivery
This must be the person/people who are planning and delivering the project or programme directly to the participants.
What will not be funded? The fund does not cover:
• Costs of retrospective programmes or events (those that have already been completed or held)
• Multi-year programmes
• Costs associated with professional athletes, professional sports teams, academies, or rep teams
• Capital costs (e.g. facility development, playgrounds)
• Administration and on-going costs (e.g. rent, internet, power)
• Wages or annual salaries for staff who are not involved in the planning or delivery of the project or programme
• Medals, prizes, and giveaways.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Please check your eligibility, funding guidelines and project planning resources.
If you have an idea, programme or project and you would like to apply for this funding, we suggest you contact Active Southland to find out more and discuss this further. Contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 03 211 2150